Sunday 10 May 2015

Food Module: Walk cycle

After colouring in the walk cycle animation, I imported a PNG image sequence of the sequence and put it together on After Effects. However as I put this footage onto the timeline, the pace of the walking had quickened and didn't work well with the relaxed pose that we wanted for the beginning sequence. In order to solve this problem I had two options to slow down the pace:

+  Photoshop - To slow the pace down, I needed to double up the frames on Photoshop. In order to do this, I would need to extend the duration of each frame on the timeline so that the walk cycle would be slower. After ensuring that the animation was slower I would then need to export the file into a PNG sequence so that the background would be transparent for the animation to easily work with the After Effects file.

+ After Effects - To slow the pace down, I would need to use a time wrap effect on the footage. The most efficient effect would be the 'time stretch', in these options you can change the overall duration that it is on for in the timeline. However using this effect can sometimes alter the quality of the animation file.

I decided to use the After Effects option as it was the most quickest and easiest method. This worked well as the movement of the walk cycle worked with the speed and the quality. In comparison the original speed of the walk cycle, which can be seen on the video (left the edited walk cycle, right the original speed), the edited animation worked successfully within the composition. The only edit I needed to include was the shadow on the ground as he walks.


No comments:

Post a Comment