For the post production of the animation, Alex sent me the animation files via Google Drive so that I could easily download and import into Premiere. I decided to use Premiere for the post production as it is easy to use for manipulating both video and audio files. The video files did not need that much manipulation as the scenes transitions moved smoothly so I did not need to add any ease out/ease in or cut any any of the video away with the razor tool. For the majority of the sound files I added key frames to the file to be able to add a ease out to the ending of the recording, to stop the audio from stopping so abruptly. This also aided the transition of the next audio file. In order to change the volume of the audio, as some of the sounds needed to be quieter than others, I used the Audio Mixer to change the levels of that particular recording. Sounds taken from free sound and made own sounds using audacity to record. In order to create the salt shaking, we shook a bottle of salt next to the mic and for the dripping water from the sieve as it rises, we used a colander pouring water into it. I felt that these sounds worked well as it replicated the sound that we wanted within the scene and the timing of the sound worked with the movement.
I encountered a problem with the rendering of the final outcome as the rendered file would not take the ratio of 16:9 without being extremely pixelated. I tried many different settings when rendering to the point that I was able to get a high quality image but with no audio. I decided to see if anything would change if I was to render from the Adobe Media Encoder, as I wanted the rendered file to be H264. I imported the file into media encoder and the rendered file was in a gorgeous crisp quality with the sound being perfect as well. I am not entirely sure why the render worked in media encoder and not through premiere but for future projects I will ensure to use this to render to ensure that the work is always in a high standard.