Sunday 2 November 2014

Audio inspiration

I found it hard trying to come up with different accents and pitches of tone for the audio track for the acting up animation, I wasn't sure how to start with accents. I found a clip on youtube with the comedian, Jimmy Carr, showing how he puts on an accent by repeating a few words, in this case 'Geordie' accent. It was really amusing and interesting to see how he uses these words to start the accent and be able to continue with it. I wanted to be able to use this technique, however the accent I want needs to be child like to fit the narrative of my storyboard.


The Amazing World of Gumball inspired me through both the main protagonists voices, as both were childlike and boyish for their characters. I mainly focused on trying to imitate the voice for Darwin, as I felt his voice would be easier to learn and adapt than Gumballs, due to the pitch of his voice. Using the technique that Jimmy Carr uses, I used the words 'I know' and after awhile, I was able to use my own version of Darwins voice, which I ended up using for my animation. Through feedback, both peers and interim crit say that my voice for the animation fits the childish voice that I was going for and sounds slightly american with a few of the words that I pronounce in the dialogue.



Gravity Falls and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy also inspired me for the child like voice I wanted for Moom in my narrative. I was inspired by one of the main characters Mabel, from Gravity Falls, through her tone of voice, however I managed to slightly copy her accent but when I related it to the animatic that I had made, I felt that Moom would be better as a boy, through the appearance and the objects that he interacts with. The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy inspired me through one of the main characters Billy, however his voice was very difficult to try and copy for full dialogue. I liked how the voice actor, Richard Steven Horvitz, would purposely hold onto the end of a word, such as "Helloooooooooooooooooooo" and I quite liked how that could be used with emphasis on the animation with in my acting up module.





No comments:

Post a Comment